Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What city should I visit for a 3-5 day getaway with my girlfriend?

I'm looking to travel to a specific city in May with my girlfriend. The cities I list below are the ones I've chosen because I have found a great airfare to each during the month of May. That being said, of the list below - which city should we visit!?!? We are looking for a lot of cultural aspects, maybe catch a sporting event, neat places to eat, and really just a nice play to stay. Here is the list:



Kansas City

Minneapolis

Nashville

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Buffalo



These are the 6 we are looking at. If you could let me know of a place you've visited and think is great to stay; we'd appreciate it! Also, any advice on restaurants and/or hotels that are nice yet relatively affordable.



Thanks!What city should I visit for a 3-5 day getaway with my girlfriend?
I know it is not on the list. But, I think Chicago would have real potential for your group, because it has something for everyone.

First, Chicago has a very good sports scene with both the Cubs and the White Sox. Plus, the Blackhawks might be going deep into the playoffs this year, since they have a really strong team. If you timing it right, you could see a game from Wrigley Field, which I personally believe, is the best ballpark to see a game. In addition, Chicago has an excellent array of culture activities like the Institute of Art which has one of the biggest Impressionist collections in North America to lots of different types of theatre from Broadway musicals to Shakespeare to the Second City comedy group. Also, Chicago has an awesome selection of restaurants. In fact, the best steak that I ever ate was at Smith and Wollensky right by the Chicago River. Last, you can take the EL train from O鈥橦are airport to downtown Chicago or the loop. In this way, you can walk, take the EL, or cabs to everywhere you want to go. As a result, you can save around $200 on a rent a car and upgrade your lodgings.

Best of luck,



Pauly

No comments:

Post a Comment