Friday, February 24, 2012

Has something similar happened to you?

I don't know if this has happened to anyone anywhere else, but there's a restaurant here in Nashville, TN called Cafe Coco. They have a very strange parking lot. I'd say 4 or 5 of the numbered spots are reserved for Cafe Coco, the rest need to be paid for. One evening I had gone with my friend and we drove in separate cars but parked next to eachother. We finish up not even 30 minutes later, walk out to the parking lot and bam we both have boots on our front left tires. We call the number that was on the slip tucked into our windshield wipers. He comes and takes the boot off the cars for $50 each. I later called up because I think it's quite unheard of for someone to just put a boot on your car for parking in the wrong area. I'm originally from NYC area and had that been in NY, I would've gotten a parking ticket. When I called, the guy claimed I got a boot on my car for "unpaid parking tickets" that had previously been issued to me in that lot. Funny thing about that is, I had never...Has something similar happened to you?
This guy is trying to make bucks period! He may even work for the city, but it's fraud. Contact an attorney and take it to small claims court. The police most likely won't do anything because they take priority crimes first. Just report the guy. Damn this is a tough one, get a petition signed or something. We are just powerless in this new day and age.
Try going to the zoning board and report that Cafe Coco has insufficient parking places. That way the cafe will be more responsible towards their customers.Has something similar happened to you?
Sounds very fishy to me.



Here's a thought,



Put a media spotlight on the problem, and see if that doesn't solve the problem. Try WKRN's 'That's Messed Up" website first and see if they'll take the story:



http://www.thatismessedup.com/

thatismessedup@wkrn.com

615-369-7221



If you get no response, try "NewsChannel 5 Investigates":

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story鈥?/a>



NewsChannel 5 Investigates

474 James Robertson Pkwy.

Nashville, TN 37219

615-244-NEWS

investigate@newschannel5.com



If they don't resolve the issue, contact an attorney and sue the pants off of them.



That's my two cents worth advice.



Best of luck to you.



- Bob

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GrandOleNa鈥?/a>
You're probably going to have to do file a class-action law suit. Find out if there is anybody else that this has happened to. Talk to the owner/manager at Coco's and ask to see their contract with that company. Who ever is putting the boots on the cars. They charge so little to get the boot off, people probably just do what you have done, they cool off and let it go. But these people are obviously crooks. I had the same thing just happen to me recently. But they towed my car and charged me $360 to get my car out. They had my car for less than 45 min.
Sound like the CAFE COCO has a congame going with this guy or they have no parking and the parking owners are tired of people taking their spots.

I would say that COCO KNOW ABOUT THIS. THEIR CARS ARE NOT BOOTED.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITORS IN NASHVILLE PAPERS, ALL OF THEM EVEN THE FREE HANDOUTS,. TELL THE STORY THERE.

SHUT DOWN COCO.
petrol powered angle grinders work very well against clamps

just cut the next one off or failing that drive round after the guy and when he parks up somewhere clamp him on all 4 wheels

then laugh
Well most private parking lots put up signs saying you may be subject to towing or wheel clamping if you park there so if that is the case you are in the wrong and don't have a leg to stand on.



Although by the way you have described things it sounds like they are doing things outside the law to make some money. As the others said seek some legal advice and you might be able to sue them or get them to change their underhand practices. If they did that all within 30 minutes that means they were watching you so it sounds very unethical to me

No comments:

Post a Comment