Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Getting engaged in Nashville,TN?

I am going to ask my girlfriend to marry me %26amp; was thinking about traveling to Nashville to ask her simply because it is a beautiful city. However, I am trying to figure out what some of my options are and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for me? If anybody knows the area well and can maybe direct me to a nice restaurant or something. I want a nice romantic setting but don't want a huge crowd watching because she does not really like being the center of attention very much. Any ideas a greatly apprecitated.



ThanksGetting engaged in Nashville,TN?
I think that the Shelby Street pedestrian bridge would be awesome...especially if it is a nice evening. AMAZING view of the city...can walk there from downtown...not going to be a TON of people (just maybe a few others looking at the view) So maybe i would do a nice dinner before and then walk there to get a view of the city from over the river.

Photo of the bridge and its view of nashville at night:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2311/2316鈥?/a>

Trust me..its beautiful.



Here is a basic list of "romantic" restaurants in nashville

http://www.bing.com/local/default.aspx?w鈥?/a>

Some of them are not within walking distance of the bridge, but you can always cab it down there after dinner for like 5 bucks.



Good luck and if you need anything else or have any other questions just let me know.Getting engaged in Nashville,TN?
I live in Nashville.



Compile a list of possible places, then spend a day checking them out.

I am sure the establishments will understand.



The grounds of the Grand Ol Oprey are beautifully lit at night...another suggestion is to take her on a paddle boat cruise down the Cumberland River on the General Jackson....they have several types of cruises to select from and there are many out of the way places on board where one can propose......



The Aquarium restuarant in Oprey Mills Mall is a cool place to eat....could be very romantic, a proposal 'under the sea'.....



There's the park at the Parthenon......Centenial Park is lovely...so is Percy Priest Lake-and there won;t be any crowds there.....quaint little places around Vanderbuilt....how about a southern plantation? There's a few here open to the public, the Hermitage and Bell Meade come to mind....Nashville Zoo would be a fun place to propose.

No comments:

Post a Comment