Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Which U.S. or Canadian city is your favorite? Least favorite? Why?

My personal list of...

Favorites:

1. San Antonio. Weather, atmosphere, hospitality

2. Austin. Ditto, plus a really funky vibe and mellow culture

3. Fort Worth. Old west feel, still maintains its heritage, great people, friendlier part of Metroplex.

4. Memphis. Good people, natural beauty around city, atmosphere that can't be replicated.

5. Nashville. Good people, natural beauty.

6. New York (Manhattan). Not as mean as it is made out to be; people actually hold doors open, say "thank you" when you hold a door open, and some will even talk to you when you're friendly, unlike other places up north.



Least favorites:

1. Louisville. Preaches its Southern hospitality, but has the rudest, most hateful, unhelpful, selfish people of any place I've ever been. Even in restaurants and CHURCHES people will shove and cuss at you. (I used to live there, I know.)

2. Evansville, IN. Too much like L'ville!

3. Clarksville, TN. Dull, boring

4. Dallas. Rude drivers, dirty city

5. New Jersey!Which U.S. or Canadian city is your favorite? Least favorite? Why?
Favorite: San Antonio! Large city, great vibe, Texas culture peppered with elements of Mexican culture and heritage, as well as Southern hospitality. What a great city!



Least favorite: Louisville, for the same reasons listed above. The locals are very pretentious; but, I've lived in western, central, and northern Kentucky, and the rest of the state isn't much better. Even Cincinnati is friendlier.



I've never been to Seattle, Salt Lake City, or Santa Fe, but I think I'd like those places. I've heard that Toronto, Hamilton (Ontario), and Vancouver are nice. I've heard that California and Maine suck.
My favorite would be Boston - it is the prettiest urban area I've ever seen and the people are so friendly (compared to most other cities I've been in). My least favorite is a toss-up between Miami and Orlando. Dirty, ugly, full of construction, and the people are so rude! (And I forgot to mention all the tourists who can't drive!)Which U.S. or Canadian city is your favorite? Least favorite? Why?
Best US - New York. I lived there for 12 years. Walkable, transit, food, parks.



Worst US - Charleston, SC. If you are not white and a southerner, you are treated like garbage.



Best Canadian - Montreal. Easy to get around, everyone is helpful, and it is clean. Walkable, history, food. I could go on.



Worst Canadian - Have not found one yet.
Salt Lake, San Antonio, Austin are cool



A LOT of people like Louisville, but I don't. I think it's the pits. Cincinnati and D.C. are pretty bad, too. North Jersey may be the worst, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment