Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tennessee or Kentucky?

I'd say TENNESSEE!!! The people, culture, scenery, historical sites, cities, shopping, roads, restaurants, fishing, hiking, dining, cities, accents, etc. are all better than KY. Nashville and Memphis are thriving, eclectic, unique cities and experiences, and the water in the Smokies is very clean. "Good Ol' Rocky Top Tennessee!"



My experiences in Kentucky have sucked. Louisville and Lexington are very snooty cities. Eastern KY (i.e. - London, Corbin, Hazard, Paintsville) are very unwelcoming and impolite to "outsiders." There is very little to do--unless you're a redneck. And, "My Old Kentucky Home" is a terrible state song.Tennessee or Kentucky?
Tennessee! Most definitely. Such a rich culture and history. Of course, I live here in Tennessee, so I guess I might be a bit biased. I have visited Kentucky a number of times though.



Tennessee all the way!!!
Cool trivia that makes Tennessee better......Tennessee is the ONLY state that can boast the fact that EIGHT other states border it.Tennessee or Kentucky?
I live in Kentucky, have visited Tennessee but I am from the western US and really don't think either is better. They both have good qualities as well as bad. KY is a good state, nice people. You have aholes in all states. Colorado is still better than either KY or TN.
Kentucky for sure! Kentucky is a wonderful place to live! We have beautiful lakes and recreational areas. Western Kentucky is the best in my opinion. We have Kentucky %26amp; Barkley Lakes, beautiful Land Between the Lakes and a wealth of history. We are far away from the Big City life and things are laid back. People are friendly and cordial and proud to show off our part of the state. People care about you and God is honored.

Just remember "the sun shines bright on my Old Kentucky Home"!
neither...
I am sorry you had bad experiences, but KY is not a bad place. It sounds like you already made up your mind about which you like better. I have lived in Kentucky for 5 years (about 45 min south of Louisville in the Fort Knox area). I have been to Louisville on several occasions and have found the people there to be very friendly (although you will meet a few rude people in every state and Kentucky is no different). I have found an abundance of wonderful restaurants, history, festivals, shopping, etc... The waterfront park as beautiful, as well as a carriage ride through down town. There are wineries and distilleries to visit (Makers Mark is my favorite) as well as several Lincoln historical areas. have heard that Eastern Kentuckians can be aloof to outsiders (I have never been there to see for myself), but that is a way of life you find in mountain country, no matter what state you are in. The Western part of Kentucky is eqully wonderful. Kentucky Lake is a good area for outdoor activities and natural scenery. Tennessee is a beautiful state as well, and I enjoy visiting it. I want to go to Nashville and see the sites, as well as to Memphis. I also wouldn't mind going to see the beautiful mountains and scenery near Chattanooga. Each State has something unique about it that makes it worth visiting.
My vote is Tennessee too! I have no great reason other than it is prettier!
Kentucky, they have good fried chicken!
whats your obsession with these states dumb azz...!!!
I prefer Tennessee - I live in east Tennessee near the Smoky mountains and it's a wonderful place to live. However, I have visited Kentucky on several occasions and found it was nice as well. (Go VOLS!)
I would have to say Kentucky. Hands down. We know the meaning of southern hopitality! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Kentucky. I think maybe you should give it a 2nd try. There is actually a lot to do here.....and you don't have to be a redneck to enjoy these things.
Kentucky for sure. It has such beautiful rolling hills and horses. How can you go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment