Friday, February 24, 2012

What are your favorite and least favorite places you've ever lived? Why?

My favorites:

1. Austin, Texas: nice folks, hill country, funky vibe, great weather

2. Galveston, Texas: nice folks, lots of history, close to Houston

3. Foley, Alabama: nice folks, nice beaches

4. Nashville, Tennessee: cosmpolitan yet laid-back, thriving job market, great restaurants

5. Casper, Wyoming: really fresh air!



Least favorite:

1. Louisville, Kentucky: nasty city, rude people, city leaders are terribly indecisive

2. Barbourville, Kentucky: dumpy town, people aren't welcoming to "outsiders," terrible drug problem

3. Detroit, Michigan: grimy, crime-infested

4. Orlando, Florida: too many yankee transplantsWhat are your favorite and least favorite places you've ever lived? Why?
Favorite

1.) Los Angeles, California- I was a baby but it's nice there

2.) Bogota, Colombia- love it, but i wasnt born there but my family is from there

3.) Tokyo, Japan- Beautiful

4.) San Antonio, Texas- i loved it there

5.) Queens, New york- i love new york



least

1.) Oakland park, florida- so old, boring city

2.)Pompano beach- wannabe gangsters here and so much snobby rich kids
My favorite is Jenkins Street and my least favorite is Louisville, Georgia.What are your favorite and least favorite places you've ever lived? Why?
i`ve always lived in a small town n.c. (mayberry) lol. i love it . we have alot of people coming from all over. we are simple,
Favorite Hawaiian Islands-every thing you do %26amp;every place you go there is always pleasant feelings %26amp; fun. least favorite Florida- just wouldn't want to live there,only go to visit a uncle or a friend.
Living in the South was really horrible. The people were extremely rude and unfriendly I suspose this is a carry over from their slave-owning days, when they treated human beings worse than people treat pets. Granted, it isn't that bad, but things haven't changed a lot in the last 150 years.



Living in the North, that is a different story. Friendly, helpful people. Beautiful, scenic environments. Wonderful seasons.
My family left the South decades ago (for obvious reasons), but I decided to return to the South a few years ago. What a mistake! Hot , humid weather...hurricanes (I forgot how many times I had to evacuate)...rude people (the only nice ones were fellow Yankees, lol!)...hillbillies and rednecks...



I returned home, and I sure do have a newfound appreciation for home.
You chose a good place to break out of the south with in Casper Wyo.

Washington state is my favorite. For me my state of mind goes along with why the place is my favorite. I was happiest there and the saddest too but overall it was the most beautiful, serene and most free place I ever lived.



My least favorite was Poway California. It was little more than a clapboard house filled road apple of a town when I was there. I understand that it is now a beautiful place to live but back when....noway....Poway.
Most Favorite place - Roanoke, VA: beautiful scenary, friendly people and true Southern hospitality. I enjoy returning there time and time again.



Least Favorite place - Atlanta, GA: almost was mugged twice, people dying in drunk driving crashes daily, not friendly, openly hostile, couldn't wait to leave. Never want to return now that the Atlanta hip-hop attitude has spread like kudzu up and down the East Coast.
My 2 favorites are "Montana %26amp; the mountains of Arizona"

My 2 "least" favorites, are Mojave California, %26amp; Los Angelos California. I didn't see these on either one of your lists, so maybe you can visit some time. Good luck
Favorites: Anywhere in Texas or Nevada

Least Favorite: Anywhere in California or New York
Trinidad-favourite

Guyana-least favourite
Ferguson, North Carolina. It reminds me of Scotland.( I've been to Scotland not lived there.) I loved it.



Cockrenville, Pennsylvania, cold, mean people, at least all the ones I met.

No comments:

Post a Comment