Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Need some cooking advice, for chicken and this spicy mixture?

Basically my favorite restaurant ever serves these things called buffalo feathers, but now I don't live in Nashville anymore and can no longer get any of the food, so I emaild the restaurant, Jackson's, and they said as much as they could tell me was green tobasco, butter, and white pepper, and I could figure it out from there. I don't have any idea of how much of each to put in and anyone with any cooking experience if you could give me some advice I'd appreciate it so much. The chick also poses a question, for they are in little pieces or strips marinated in the sauce, but the pieces are in a way, "chewy" would be the best way to describe it, but I have no idea how to cook chicken to give it a chewy aspect. Advice for anyone also if you ever go through Nashville stop at Jackson's Bar and Bistro and order this, it is SOOO GOOOD. Anyways, if anyone knows anything about cooking any help is greatly greatly appreciated, I really miss my food.

Thanks!Need some cooking advice, for chicken and this spicy mixture?
I did a little searching and found that Jackson's buffalo feathers is "pulled white-meat chicken flashed in a hot sauce". The pulled white meat, since you said chewy, is probably oven roasted chicken breasts. That you can do easily with just a little kosher salt and bake in a roasting pan at 325 degrees. Time depends on size of the breasts. You "pull" meat with 2 forks, rather than cutting with a knife. Like "pulled pork".



I did not find a specific recipe so I don't know the sauce ingredients. You will just have to experiment with that, but it said "hot". Does it look like the meat was just tossed with sauce and served, or was the sauce kind of caramelized on the meat? If the later, maybe toss the coated meat under the broiler for a minute.



I checked Food Network and Receipezaar and neither had the recipe, so it is probably Jackson's signature dish. That's why they won't share.
likely its just chicken strips fried (possibly battered)



then you toss the sauce, which sounds like a variation of standard buffalo sauce (hot sauce and butter/margarine) likely they add the white pepper to increase the heat a little



as for making it "chewy" likely its not tenderized, and its likely just reguar chicken meat thats fried, which will give somewhat chewy texture.Need some cooking advice, for chicken and this spicy mixture?
Is the chicken fried? Is the sauce served over the cooked chicken or is the meat just marinated in it? Need a little more info before I can answer - Sorry.
It might be marinated and then dehydrated...

No comments:

Post a Comment