Saturday, March 3, 2012

Should I live in Denver or Boulder?

I am 24 yrs old, finished college at University of Tennessee a year ago, and looking for a 1-2 year adventure...want to get out of Tennessee and explore Colorado for the next few years. A little about me:



1. I am an outdoor enthusiast...I will want to hike and snowboard every weekend



2. I like the conveniences of a city, but don't need a huge metropolitan area. Having grown up in Nashville, and moving to Knoxville for college, I like Knoxville a lot more because it is in the heart of the Smokey's but still maintains some city flavor.



3. I'm not into the college scene anymore...at all. My idea of a great night would be eating early at a great local restaurant and listening to some live music somewhere relaxing with wine



4. I want to be surrounded by genuine people - I've heard Boulder is yuppy - am I right?



5. I've been working in the marketing department for a real estate firm in Nashville for the past year and love it...I have also completed half of my masters degree in teaching so I could probably land a last-minute teaching job...and have lots of customer service experience. I don't want a dead-end job...I will be looking for something that looks good on my resume and/or gives me a new experience in a new career field.



I'm not planning on visiting either place...just picking a place and going...



ANY advice would be great!!!Should I live in Denver or Boulder?
I have been visiting Colorado for the past 6 years because my sister went to college there and continues to live there.



Yes, Boulder is a college town so it is yuppy and expensive. BUT, the people are really nice and very friendly. Actually, almost everywhere in Colorado that I've been to had really friendly people.



Denver is just like any busy city. It's about 45 minutes away from Boulder. Denver's not as yuppy as Boulder is and you've got a wider selection of things to do and it has the conveniences of a city.



Boulder is nestled right at the foot of the Rockies so it's perfect if you want outdoor adventures. Also, Boulder is just BEAUTIFUL.



If you don't want to live in Boulder b/c of the price/college town, you can always live in suburbs that are close to it, such as Louisville, Longmont, Broomfield, Niwot...

I would recommend living in one of the suburbs.
I'd choose Denver. Easy to get to the mountains, Colorado Springs . Denver is a cool town with 4 major league sports teams.Drink plenty of water daily when you move here, even if you're not thirsty . very dry here. http://denver.metromix.com/Should I live in Denver or Boulder?
Denver deffinetly. It has more hiking trails I believe than Bolder and Denver doesn't have as many college areas as Bolder. Please plan on Denver!! It is a great place and I know you would enjoy it!!
Well you seem like you should live in Boulder
Denver. Boulder is very college oriented, very yuppy, very expensive. Denver gives you lots more choices. Of course, Colorado Springs beats both of them. Much closer to the mountains, tons of outdor activiites nearby...a nice city envronment without being such a huge city as Denver. It is a gorgeous city at the foot of Pikes Peak...you would love it. Only an hour from Denver for when you want to go there to visit attractions.
  • chrome download
  • baltimore restaurant week
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment