Monday, March 12, 2012

What is the best way to get cheap vacation packages?

I am trying to book a honeymoon for next summer. Is it best to go through a travel agent or online?What is the best way to get cheap vacation packages?
First of all, congratulations Chandra! :)



And definitely online as it's always a whole lot cheaper for the exact same thing.



One that I've used time and time again is voic.com. They generally always beat Expedia, Priceline, as well as the others. Just look at the top right of the page for Travel. They've always been excellent to us.



Take care and have a wonderful honeymoon!
Buy a inflatable pool....toss it in the back yard and get a bottle of liquor...



Drink until you can't walk, fall down by the pool and there you are....a cheap vacation.. Ha..ha..What is the best way to get cheap vacation packages?
Go to rediff and log on to travel.
priceline.com
Read a Frommers book on the destination of your choice. They are always very reliable on the accomodations and the activities are spot on also. They also give you a pretty good background on the local sights.
Do your research/homework first i.e where when things like that. Then go to a site called Kayak which is a great search engine. It will put everyone up on the board for you. Most importantly, BUY THE INSURANCE!!!!!
I would suggest that if you're going to travel domestically... then you should be able to do it yourself if you feel comfortable with the internet. ...



There are so many websites to help you...



One thing I do, is I check out the places I want to go - their local websites... for example, we're going to Toronto this summer.. so I typed in "Toronto Travel Packages".. and I looked at what they offered..

Then, after I decided what I wanted to do.. I went to hotels.com and found a hotel I wanted to stay at... near what I wanted to see.. and then I actually went right to the hotels' direct website.. and I found that hotel website offered a special that was WAY CHEAPER than anything I had discovered on those other sites.



A travel agent can offer suggestions, though.. if you're traveling to a place you're not familiar with...



Or if you were traveling internationally.. I'd feel better letting someone else handle the arrangements or travel with a prepackaged group tour, so you had assistance when you got there.



Good luck, and best wishes to you!
  • lund boats
  • portuguese translator
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment