Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Can you replace halfnhalf with evaporated milk?

I am making Creamy vegetable soup from dixie stampede show :):):) and i dont have 1 pnt of Half n Half so could i replace it with evaporated milk?? if so how much?? THANK YOOUU!! :)Can you replace halfnhalf with evaporated milk?
Yes use the evaporated milk.It will not be sweeter, and you don't dilute it-you loose creamyness that way.



And 2 cups worth, that should be 2-2 1/2 cans.
yes you can

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup evaporated milkCan you replace halfnhalf with evaporated milk?
Not unless you want SWEET SOUP. The best way is to use plain old Vitamin D whole milk and add dry COFFEE CREAMER TO IT until it tasts the way you want and then add to the soup.
in soup, I think using the evaporated milk would be fine...I may even be tempted to use milk if that's what I had on hand,
Actually, I've done it lots of times in a variety of recipes. I've always used an equal amount and no one has ever noticed the difference. There are some recipes where I wouldn't make the switch, but I see no reason why you can't for that soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment