Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm writing a culture speech about Tennessee and need help?

My speech teacher wants us to write a 2-3 min speech about a culture and I chose to talk about Tennessee. I am having trouble coming up with topics to talk about since I have to make a powerpoint as a visual. Here is what I have so far:



I. Introduction

a. My background

II. Geography

a. East, Middle, West Tennessee

III. Climate

a. Vegetation

b. Weather

IV. Entertainment

a. Grand Ole Opry

b. Dollywood/ Dixie Stampede

c. Great Smoky Mountains

V. Conclusion



What should I add or delete? I appreciate your help.I'm writing a culture speech about Tennessee and need help?
How about the economy of TN. We have everything from small goat farms to high tech aerospace industries. Nissan North America moved its headquarters from California to Tennessee. Nissans are made here, and soon Volkswagens will be too. We make #2 pencils (Sanford), Moon Pies, and the landing gears for huge aircraft (Goodrich). We test almost every jet engine prototype in the world. We built an aircraft that broke the speed record for air-breathing engines at Mach 10 (X-43A). We aren't just country music.



If you need photos of these for your powerpoint, the X-43A aircraft is at http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Photo/X鈥?/a>

For the test facility at Arnold Engineering Development Center, go to

http://www.arnold.af.mil/photos/mediagal鈥?/a> and click on one of the buttons at the right side (like Space Shuttle).



Good luck with your presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment