Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Drinking Game--(sorry kids).....?

In Nashville there is a drinking game called the "Bubba Chug".. Happens during road games at chill out parties at local restaurants and sports bars.. The trigger is when Terry Crisp, Preds announcer, calls the other announcer, Pete Weber-"Bubba"... Thus a loud yell of "bubba" is heard and the drinking begins..

I know San Jose has a game like this and should offer the first liver transplant for free.. Does your favorite team have any sort of drinking game for their broadcasts??? If so-- lest hear it..The Drinking Game--(sorry kids).....?
That's hysterical.



I don't have any specific drinking games, but I tend to take a sip or twelve when any combination of Jack Edwards, Jim Fox, Craig Laughlin and/or Ed Olczyk make me want to fire my remote through the tv set.



Come to think of it, maybe I should have a drink every time Edzo reminds us he used to coach the Pens. That'll get me pie-eyed pretty quick.
Actually Pete Weber is NOT in fact Shea Weber's uncle. I know this because Pete Weber is MY uncle :)

Report Abuse

The Drinking Game--(sorry kids).....?
I dont drink but I would get totally plastered -If everytime Jim Jackson was turning into a homer I had to do a shot.His favorite("No call" when an opponent takes down a Flyer)



Pete Weber-The bowler?

**Sweet-Only here would we talking about a drinking game in hockey and wind up talking bowling.
I tried to play a drinking game where you would chug after every time Jim Jackson says "the refs choose to ignore that one" every time a Flyer is touched, but I always blackout halfway through the game.





Joe- nice!! Kinda scary, but good call!!
Copas im starting to get a mighty thirst, and nothing to quinch it for a week.
I don't know of any Flyers based drinking games.



Joe and Zam, if you think Jackson is bad, turn the volume down and listen to a radio broadcast. Propp is 100X worse when he is capable of forming a coherent sentence.
Drinking game? Phffft. Like I am waiting to drink my alcoholic beverage until someone says I should drink! Before its time for me to even take a drink my beer is done and I am getting another in the fridge!
no, we actually have a good team to watch
Not so much to do with the announcers, but our thing is to drink everytime the Leafs get scored on, and since its the Leafs I've kinda turned into an Alcoholic





GO SENS
Here in Toronto we don't really have a drinking game, it's more of an alcoholic frenzy initiated by Bob Cole or Joe Bowen announcing the start of the game.

We consider this a time saving devise that allows us to decide early if we are celebrating or drowning our sorrows. Also allows us time to sleep it off in order to make it to work on time the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment