Tuesday, February 7, 2012

In the 1960s and 1970s, were there any restaurants in Nashville whose uniforms included a green ball cap?

I know this question is really odd, but I'm doing a timeline, and have been told there was a popular place to go in Nashville in the either 60s or 70s that had green ball caps as part of their uniforms. I've had no luck in the library or on the internet, so if you have any insight, it would be appreciated. Thanks!In the 1960s and 1970s, were there any restaurants in Nashville whose uniforms included a green ball cap?
I wasn't in Nashville during that time but most places that would have a ball cap as a uniform part during that era would probably have been working as a Drive In server.



Try this, do a look up in old records for drive in restaurants in nashville then do a little more research to see if you can come up with a uniform color for each one you find a name for. There may be something if the old newspaper records from that time and there are people around who worked at these places that would remember what you want, but many of them, or maybe even most of them, may not be online.



If you seek out people in their 50's and 60's you should have some luck and all you may need is one who can point you towards another and to another. You could experience a real snowball effect if you can find that first one.



For the life of me I can't remember the uniform colors for any of the drive in's I use to frequent during that time frame.



Maybe I'm just getting old?

No comments:

Post a Comment